Rod Breland - Consulting Services:
- Expert Witness - Experienced expert safety and health witness who has directed and/or prepared technical and scientific phases of cases that have come before the Federal Mine Safety and Health Review Commission on numerous occasions. Offer guidance regarding resolution of citations received and proposed penalties. Provide preparation and testimony for civil proceedings in product liability suits.
- Accident Investigation - Provide an in-depth analysis and technical review of facts and circumstances leading up to, and involved in, serious or fatal accidents and offers a complete report of findings. Extensive MSHA national mine rescue team experience both at the field level and national level.
- Training - Conduct training under Part 46/48 and specialized subjects as needed. These courses include instruction in Accident Prevention, Risk Assessment, Hazard Recognition, Compliance Awareness, Supervisory Responsibilities, Ground Control Considerations, Haulage Safety, and MSHA background information.
- Compliance Assistance - Developed new Educational Field Services group at MSHA and provided mine operators and miners with compliance assistance, particularly in the areas of training. Program grew into a nationwide program helping mine operators miners in the aggregate, metal and coal industries improve their compliance and safety and health performance. Helped mine operation avoid a Pattern of Violations designation. Facilitate citation conferencing.
- Special Emphasis Programs - Help businesses identify areas where improvements can be made and determine appropriate courses of action to remedy issues/problems. Analyze work processes, including load, haul, dump, and overall mine design while considering ergonomic and environmental concerns. Prepare summaries of findings and offer assistance with action plans to facilitate improvement, particularly in the safety and health area.
- Mine Rescue - Served seven years on the MSHA national mine rescue team, two years as Director in the position of API Manager. Accumulated over 1,000 hours of advanced mine rescue training and experience.
1978 MSHA mine rescue team
Terex AT-40 dump truck
haul truck accident